I couldn’t wait for the full month to start adding things back, especially not garlic- I miss the flavor so much! So I decided that today would be my garlic test day. For tonight’s dinner I picked a favorite dish in my household, one that is otherwise completely low FODMAP friendly. It is one of my favorite low spoon dishes: it’s quick, easy, and only dirties up one dish.
Without further ado,
Rosemary Lemon Chicken, inspired by Vikalinka
- 1 lb baby yukon gold potatoes
- 1 lb chicken thighs
- 2 Lemons
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 F
- Add chicken to the baking dish, skin side up. (I prefer a glass casserole dish, you want something with sides to hold liquid).
- Cut the potatoes into halves, then add to the baking dish, surrounding the chicken thighs.
- In a mortar, combine the rosemary, garlic cloves, a pinch of coarse salt, and 1 tablespoon of oil. Bash it together with a pestle until you have a paste. Add the rest of the olive oil (2 tablespoons) and the juice from the two lemons. Pour over the chicken and potatoes, making everything is covered.
- If you want extra lemony flavor, add the lemon halves to wherever you have space in the baking dish.
- Roast for 35-45 minutes until the chicken skin is golden brown. Halfway through the cooking time baste your chicken and potatoes with the liquid at the bottom of the pan.
Enjoy! A and I usually add a little salt before eating, but we’re salt fiends… either way, it’s delicious- and for minimal work!
Pingback: Updates | the best liar you know