Turns out my stomach (and everything else!) is angry today. I’m not sure what set it off, but I’ve been nauseous for the past two days and today that nausea was joined by pain. The best guess I have for why things are worse now, when they were getting better and I’ve been eating much more GP friendly, is hormones. I’ve been spotty for a few days now, and imagine my period will be starting any day now; it’ll be the first time since I’ve been diagnosed with GP and eating “friendly.” Of course, time will only tell. Anyway, I’ve been feeling rather poorly, and haven’t wanted to eat anything, but know I need to. Today I decided to whip up a really simple, GP friendly soup. I think this is my new comfort food.
Zuppa Di Pollo adapted from Food
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup crushed macaroni, or 1 cup ditalini
- 1/3 cup no break/egg beaters/processed egg whites (these are already whipped and processed making them super easy to use and easy to digest, plus no fat)
- grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- Bring broth to a simmer.
- Add pasta, return to a simmer, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in egg whites for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour into a bowl, add Parmesan and parsley for garnish
- slowly sip broth and thoroughly chew your noodles
If I ever need to go to just broth I’ll probably whisk some egg whites in, it makes such a smooth and velvety base. I hope this recipe can help you out on bad days, as much as it helps me.