I’ve made Vikalina’s Spicy Turkey Burek‘s a few times, and always love the flavor but not working with the filo dough. Then I started just sauteing up the turkey, onions, spices and eating mixed with cucumber and hummus on naan. Doing so makes it quick and easy to whip up and satisfyingly tasty.
To make the recipe GP friendly, I dropped the onion and peeled then cut and diced just the flesh-y sides of the cucumber–tossing out the seeds. I forgot to take my Reglan before eating, and much to my (thankful) surprise had no problems at all! Hopefully some of you will find this recipe as equally easy, satisfying, and symptom free.
Minced Turkey Mix
- 1 lb ground/minced turkey with a low % fat
- 1/2 bunch cilantro (I buy mine pre-chopped in a tube)
- 1/2 bunch parsley (I buy mine pre-chopped & partially dried)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dried Corriander
- Salt, Pepper, & Dried Chili Flakes to taste
- 1/2 cucumber
- Combine the turkey and spices in a skillet and cook through, until turkey is no longer pink.
- While the seasoned turkey is cooking, peel the cucumber. Cut the cucumber along the sides, just before you reach the seeds. Dice the cucumber, for some lovely texture.
- When the turkey is finished cooking, portion out the amount you want to eat; I eat mine out of a bowl. Top with a serving of diced cucumber and mix with a spoonful, or two, of hummus. Enjoy with naan!