Day 3! Today went better than yesterday, but I still hit some grumpy sugar lows. I did plan a more extensive menu for the next four days, and spent a lot of money at the grocery store. It is crazy how expensive it is. I needed quinoa flour for a recipe I will be sharing with you in the near future- it was $10.00 for a small bag!
I still haven’t noticed any change in my level of bloating.
Onto today’s food:
Morning: cheddar cheese stick and black tea
Snacks: 2 of cocoa lemon energy balls, a few hours apart; I enjoyed them more today than I did yesterday. And a water bottle.
Lunch: NY strip steak, broiled Italian tomato, and green beans from the dining hall. I’m not positive that everything was cooked without garlic or onions, but I picked the best I could. A had a lot of work to do this afternoon, so we didn’t get lunch until nearly 3:00pm. By that point I was cranky and a bit weak, I needed the extra calories from the steak, tomato, and green beans, over a salad. I had some more water with lunch.
Snack: A few Food Should Taste Good Sweet Potato Tortilla Chips. Guys, these are SO good. The bag was on sale for $2.50, and I’m so glad I picked them up. I’m very glad I can have a few of these throughout the day.
Dinner: A 1/2 cup of V8 Pomegranate Blueberry juice, a water bottle, and spam & quinoa fried rice. Spam & quinoa fried rice is actually a dinner we have often, although we did have to modify it to be lowFODMAP. It’s a recipe A and I wing every time we make it, but I’ll give you a general idea of what we do:
- 1 cup Quinoa
- Jasmine rice
- 1 Can of spam
- Shredded carrots
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 5 eggs
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Cumin, to taste
- Curry powder, to taste
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Dice the veggies and spam.
- Measure out the amount of rice you’d like, and begin to cook.
- Measure out quinoa and rinse under cold water. Start to cook quinoa.
- Heat a large wok on medium-high.
- Beat together eggs with salt, pepper, cumin, and curry powder.
- When the wok is hot, add the spam, stirring frequently to prevent sticking. Cook until browned and crispy on all sides.
- Remove spam to a paper towel covered plate. Add eggs to the wok and scramble to your desired doneness.
- Remove eggs, adding them to the top of the spam.
- Season the veggies with salt, pepper, curry powder, cumin, and red pepper flakes, then add to the wok. Cook until tender crisp.
- Add back the spam and eggs, as well as the cooked rice and quinoa. Mix together.
- Remove from heat, then enjoy! If you have wheat free soy sauce, I recommend adding that on top.