Thursdays are hectic. A has class from 12:30 – 2pm, and I have class from 7:00-10:00pm. So we head into work at 9:00am and I stay there until A’s done with class. Then we grab food from a dining hall, rush home, set up dinner so I can eat by 5:30pm and head out to class in time. So, I have no instagram photos for you today… whomp whomp. I will share with you what I ate today, and their respective recipes where appropriate. I found today that I certainly did not have enough energy, and did not take in enough calories. I’m feeling pretty crappy right now. And my bloating hasn’t gone down at all. I am, however, less gassy- but at the moment that is clearly not helping the bloating, since I still look quite pregnant.
Onto the food:
Morning snacks: a cheddar cheese stick, and 2 No Bake Cocoa Lemon Energy Ball. And a black tea blend.
The No Bake Cocoa Lemon Energy Balls (or Bites) are modified from ea stewart I’m not sure how I feel about them. I actually found them to be a bit too lemon-y, which is very unusual for me as I love lemon and lime flavors. My stomach also felt a little unsettled after them, even though I only had two, spaced over an hour apart. I’ll try the left overs again tomorrow and see how I feel about them.
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons special dark cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon flax seeds
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until the mixture is sticky and well combined
- Shape mixture into ~1inch balls. Place on a tray or plate lined with parchment paper and place in the freezer for at least 10 minutes before eating.
- Store in the freezer.
Lunch: A Greek salad, with no onions, from one of the dining halls, and water.
Dinner: For dinner I needed something that took minimal prep, and was easy. I found Kate Scarlata’s Slow Cooker Chipotle Chicken Tostadas, A and I love southwest US and Mexican flavors, so I though these might be a good transition dish. My impression while eating it was… it was okay. It had a nice heat, but need a better layering of spices. I really missed my garlic powder and onion powder in this one.
Crock Pot Chipotle Chicken Ingredients
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 1 can 28 oz petite diced tomatoes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili pepper
- corn tortillas
- shredded cheese (cheddar, or Mexican blend)
- Put chicken, tomatoes, cumin, chipotle chili pepper, and bell peppers in to the crock pot. Cook on HIGH for about 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Turn off crock pot and shred the chicken.
- Place corn tortillas on baking sheet. – I recommend using parchment paper, or non-stick spray, as I didn’t, and they stuck.
- Using a slotted spoon to drain the juice, spoon the chicken mixture onto the tortillas.
- Top with a bit of shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
I also had a 1/2 cup of V8 fusion – pomegranate blueberry. And lots of water. That’s it for day 2!