As a way to get myself through this low FODMAP diet for the next month, and to share what I’m eating with you all, I’m going to do my best to instagram everything I eat, and share the recipes for what I cook. I’ll tag everything on instagram as #foodforspoonies, #lowFODMAP, and #bestliaryouknow.
For dinner tonight, A and I had Scrambled Egg and Pan-Fried Baked Potatoes. Breakfast for dinner is always a winner in this house. It was pretty good. It wasn’t incredibly filling, so A had to eat something else afterwards, but it was good enough for me.
- 2 large russet potatoes
- Mediterranean spice infused olive oil (garlic and basil infused)
- Smoked paprika
- Black pepper
- 6 eggs
- Herbs and seasonings of your choice
- Optional: shredded cheese of your choice
- Bacon bits
- Dried chives
- Preheat your oven to 425 F (~219 C). Wash your potatoes thoroughly, then rub with olive oil, paprika, and pepper. Poke holes in the potatoes. Put on a baking sheet or pan, and put in the middle rack of the oven until fork tender, 45-60 minutes depending on the size of your potatoes.
- Remove potatoes from the oven, set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the insides.
- Add butter and olive oil to a large frying pan, over medium high heat. Add the baked potato innards, and allow to crisp a bit.
- In a small bowl, whisk your eggs together with a splash of water, salt, pepper, and whatever other herbs and spice you’d like.
- Pour your eggs in with your potatoes. If you can handle some cheese, add in some shredded cheese. Scramble your eggs, stirring frequently, until they are done to your liking, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Portion out your eggs & potatoes to your plate, and top with bacon bits and chives.